Core Drivers are currently seeking a controller for a permanent position with our client based in Huddersfield. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is reliable to work for an industry leading logistics provider in a specialist sector, with opportunity for progression. Training will be provided for the right candidate.
- £30,740 Salary
- £2,400 Shift Allowance
- £800 Attendance Bonus
- £17.40 p/h Overtime Allowance
- 13 Weeks Paid Annual Leave Per Year
- Paid Training
- Progression Opportunities
- Company Pension
- Life Assurance
- Cycle2work Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Employee Assistance Programme
- BP Fuel Card
In order to apply you must:
- Have a confident and friendly telephone manner and to be able to liaise with people at all levels.
- Have the ability to work 12-hour shifts on a shift pattern that covers mornings, evenings, nights and weekends.
- Have experience working with IT, particularly Microsoft Office – Outlook and Excel, in an office environment.
- Live within a 1-hour commute.
- Be flexible in your working hours and cover shifts when required.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that delivery schedules are completed on time and in full.
- Ensuring that plans are vetted for errors and used to co-ordinate the drivers during the shift in order to ensure that their individual schedules are implemented and completed safely, this will also include advising customers of any delays or changes to their deliveries.
- Resolving any issues that arise during the shift and demonstrate continuous improvement against various internal and external service and efficiency KPIs. Monitoring and reporting wear and tear to vehicles is also a key part of the role.
- Liaising with the Planning Supervisor and field management team, to ensure that resources are provided at the appropriate times and that downtime in resource is escalated and managed.
- Assisting the Customer Service Administrators in investigating customer complaints and delivery queries.